Monday, January 18, 2010

I only drink coffee in Paris








and now Berlin. Jillian and her mom left this morning, and I arrived at Dorothee's flat in Prenzlauerberg shortly after. the timing really worked out well since she was leaving the same day that I would need a new residence. For Jill's last day in the city, although it was Sunday, we had a full day. We found a brunch restaurant in Prenzlberg in an area that is apparently known for all day brunch! and near the Mauer Park flea market. I found beautifully crafted earrings there from Lisbon. since it was snowing and the middle of winter, I was surprised and impressed to see as many people as I did there. flea martkets seem to be so much part of the culture here, i guess Berlin wouldnt be the same without them.

When I met Dorothee at her flat this morning, we had a cup of coffee together and a tiny glass of orange juice. she showed me around the utilities and kitchen and told me "act like you do in your own home." There are many art works decorating the walls of past artists that have stayed there. Like a collection or record. Dorothee has a 36 yr old daughter who is also an artist.

Since it is Monday again, I will have to put off my galerie visits until tomorrow. I added some pictures of the installation and some details.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Leah,

    What a fantastic show!!! I love the map on the wall. You were always about order within the chaos. Your kind of order, of course. D does truly equal RxT. You prove it over and over.

    The wall is unique. Its placement and shape are interesting. It has a message that cannot be more relevant to Berlin today.

    Thanks for sharing your world and work.

    Maman

    ReplyDelete